Theodor’s house – Hystorical museum Tutracan
The exhibition has finds from V millennium B. C. , Tracian ceramics, objects from the antique fortress of Transmariska, its creation and greatness, the coming of the Proto- Bulgarians and Proto- Slavians and the building of the Tutrakan fortress from the times of the First and Second Bulgarian kingdom.
The museum has a unique icon exhibition from Reinassance icons from the Tutracan spiritual region and incunabular books. The icons are a work of painters coming from the Tryavna painting class.
Afrer 1878 Tutracan became an administrative, marketing and cultural centre. An important part of the exhibition have the pictures, documents and objects from the town’s people’s manners after the liberation. There are printed works from famous authors. In the early XX century there were six schools and 7 newspapers.
The cultural and market rise of the town was violently stopped from the Romanian occupation of southern Dobrudzha in 1913. The citizens were put to assimilation and denationalization and the bravery and heroic acts of the Bulgarian army in the time of the greatest fight in World War 2 has no equals. After the Balkan wars /1912-1913/ and the following national catastrophe Tutracan became a part of Romania. In 1916 there are epic fights for liberation of the Tutrakan fortress. The Romanian army had a catastrophic injury and the town is liberated. In 1919- 1940 in Dobrudja is set an occupational regime. On 21st September 1940 as a result of the Krayova contract Tutrakan is liberated from the Romanian power.
The population in Tutrakan has different ethnicities – grebnentsi, people from the mountains, Trakia, Ludogorieand Northern Dobrudja. The main livehood is fishing and farming. In the ethnographic part of the exhibition there are traditional tools for excersising fishing, farming and crafts, some tools needed for the crafts and so on.
Lapidarium tells the story of the hystorical past of Tutrakan with the Roman funeral and archeological finds, the column put there in honour of Sultan Mahmud II’s visit in town in 1837, the memorial plate put there in honour of the liberator of Tutrakan – gen. major Al. V. Suvov in 1773.
You must be logged in to post a comment.